Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Spring Update


Precious nieces
I've decided that my blog page is turning into a "seasonal" update of our lives. I'm sorry to those few people who may occasionally check to see if I've updated. I'm horrible! Anyhow, since I am finally updating, I'll get on with it!


Let's see - March was fast and furious. We went to Atlanta to meet Matt's brother Mark, who was interviewing at Bro. David McCoy's church. It was a fun, but short trip. (Mark will be moving there at the end of July- YEAH!) Then we just took it easy over Spring Break. I don't really remember anything we did, so it must not have been too exciting. The best part was just having a "break" from school!



In April, we took several students to National Competition at Bob Jones. Matt's Handbell Choir and Ensemble did really well, considering their lack of experience. It was a lot of fun.


On to May - name it and we did it in May! What a whirlwind! There were many "end-of-the-school-year" activities including parties, recitals, graduations, banquets, tour groups, etc. Matt flew to Lancaster, CA for a few a days for Mark's college graduation. Then when school was out, we rented a cabin in Pigeon Forge for our 5th anniversary. It was such a nice getaway. My parents went with us, and we enjoyed our time golfing, shopping, relaxing, and eating!

Mark's Graduation from West Coast

OBC Ambassadors with our family

June began and so did summer school! We are now in the last week of summer school and can't wait for another break! I am looking forward to enjoying the rest of summer off (except for volleyball practices). It's hard to believe that June is already half over! We have started "Spring Cleaning" when we've been home. We are quickly realizing that it is time for a yard sale!!! The accumulation of "junk" happens so quickly! Anyhow, we are still loving every moment in the ministry, although it feels at times like we are just barely breathing. I wouldn't trade it for anything!

Well, I should go ahead and write about July and August while I'm on here! I may not have time once they happen! :) Thanks for "tuning in" to our seasonal update! Keep in touch!

3 comments:

tascha said...

good to see you :)

Joy said...

Glad to see the update! :) It does get harder to keep up I think! It was our 5th this year too. Can you believe it's been that long? It seems like yesterday we were riding in the van. I still feel like a kid. Do you?

original.stuff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.