Thursday, February 12, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day! My life this week consists of my first and second graders. They seem to be wound up a little extra because of Valentine's Day. It's okay though because tomorrow is Friday! PRAISE THE LORD! :) Oh, and we have Monday off for President's Day. YEAH! We were planning on golfing, but we'll see what the weather does. If it's not raining and if it's warm enough, we will probably go. I hope so! It always feels good to do something active.

We are working with our bus teens on Wednesday nights for the next 3 months. We are trying a quarterly rotation so no one gets "burned out", but so there is still some consistency for the kids. Last night was a little wild, but things finally calmed down some. Matt had 15 boys and I had 10 girls. Two of the girls got saved last night. It was so exciting! Please pray for them. Their names are Destanie (13) and Alexus (12). Also, pray that I'll have wisdom on what to teach. I really want to have a "theme", but it seems as if we have a totally different group of girls from week to week. Last night I really struggled with what to teach. Every time I tried to teach what I had planned, the Lord kept leading me back to salvation. I know why now, of course, but it's so hard to prepare, when I have no idea who will show up. I know God will show me, but I covet your prayers on this matter. Thanks!

Well, that's all I have to update for now. Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

tascha said...

YEAH _ HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! :)
hope you get to go golfing... We're planning on a day with no kids!! if you can believe that :)

Wonderful news about the children excepting Christ!!! We don't always know what's going on over there... and it is encouraging to hear!!!

love ya girl!

Joy said...

I'll be praying for you. It is hard to prepare when you have no clue. :) I hope it all goes well.

DAVIDE~TALISHA~ETHAN~CAMERON PALMER said...

Did you get to go golfing? I like to putt putt, but I haven't ever been out for real golf? Is that something you really enjoy. I'm sure it's a blessing to enjoy the nice scenery and weather! I like your new pink blog. Hope you had a great day with your students. Blessings, Talisha

DAVIDE~TALISHA~ETHAN~CAMERON PALMER said...

P.s.---That would be so hard to have a different group of kids so often. It seems like it would be difficult to get to know them and mentor them, but I can understand about getting burned out with a group.