Thursday, August 7, 2008

End of the Summer...


Garron, Alayna, and Ashlyn looking patriotic
Ashlyn, Uncle Matt, and Aunt Shisha on July 4th

Getting ready to enjoy the fireworks



Matt and I with our nieces and nephew

I can't believe it's almost time for school to start already! Our summer break has come to an end and I didn't blog at all. Sorry! I had great plans, but I didn't fulfill them.
We have been very busy this summer, as always. Here is a quick run-down on what's gone on: I taught summer school for three weeks. Then our church had its 3rd Annual Honor Service, in which we honored our missionaries who have been on the field for over 25 years. It was a very special service. Matt and I enjoyed golfing with my parents several times this summer, as Matt had Mondays off. We have also had quite a bit of company come through. In July, we took some of the teenagers to Camp Barnabas at Ambassador Baptist College in NC. That was a great week full of preaching and fun activities. Matt's parents spent a week with us as we prepared for our "Paradise Pirates" VBS. Now VBS is over and Volleyball practice has begun. Teacher Orientation is next week and the first day of school is August 18. I know many of ya'll have had a similar summer and know what a whirlwind it can be. Overall, we had a great summer. Thanks to all those who do a better job of blogging than I do. It's always fun to hear your family updates!


Alayna and Ashlyn made great pirates for VBS

Matt & I with some of the kids at VBS
Matt is on the right with the long curly hair. Isn't he scary? He was the captain in the skits and didn't get saved until Thursday night, when he also got a "haircut". He had more fun than the kids! It was a great week!

7 comments:

Simply Elegant said...

It's good to hear you're doing well and had a nice summer. I like the picture of Matt with the long hair;)He should have grown the mustache like Captian Jack!!
Have a blessed school year!

Empty Arms Held High said...

hey - good to hear from you! Your blog looks great! Keep in touch!

Tom & Kandice Keegan said...

Sounds like you've had a great summer. It definitely flies by, especially when you're that busy! I don't see how you guys do it all :)
Love all of the pictures too! Keep up the good blogging :) Miss ya!

Kandice

tascha said...

Hey Trish...great to hear you've had a good summer :) I canNOT believe school is about to start AGAIN!! I miss the Mondays already. Don't forget to keep in touch....

Shane and Kristy Davis said...

Wow! Sounds like you have been busy. The pirate theme looks like fun! It is hard to believe school is about to start back. I don't think Colton and I will start until we move and house is in order-the beauty of homeschool;)

Anonymous said...

I love catching up with people from school on their blogs. Looks like you have been keeping busy! Isn't that the way it goes in the ministry?! :)Hope your new school year goes well.

April (Frania) Jones

Joy said...

Yea, a post! :) I know how busy summer can get. I don't know why we get this image of dangling our feet over a dock, drinking lemonade. That is so unrealistic. :) I'm glad you're doing well. I love keeping up with you. Keep blogging.

P.S. I love the pirate pictures!