Monday, September 15, 2008

The Whirlwind...

I know I'm not the only one that has been busy since school started, so bear with me as I give quick run-down of our lives recently. I wanted to give an update to those who think I might have vanished from earth. :)

I am teaching 1st and 2nd Grade this year. WHAT AN ADVENTURE! :) I have 15 students: 10 in 1st grade and 5 in 2nd grade. That number isn't bad, but it has been an adjustment doing lesson plans for two grades, giving tests orally for both classes, and teaching in a way that involves all of them! For someone who just "loves a challenge", I can honestly say I'm ready for rest!

I am coaching Volleyball again this year, so as soon as I get done with class, I run to practice or a game. I'm still not sure when to fit in doing the lesson plans and grading papers. Lately, it's been a "Sunday night after church" job. Believe it or not, I really am enjoying my job. :) We are going to Educator's Conference in Gatlinburg for 3 days next week, so I am looking forward to that time of "rest." Hopefully we will see some friends while we are there. Let us know if you will be there!

I'll close by including a few pictures from Seth Haas and Meredith McCoy's wedding last Friday. It was such a sweet, beautiful wedding and reception! Sorry the pictures don't do it justice!

Keep in touch!









4 comments:

tascha said...

Well, it has been busy :) Hope you get some rest next week__see you tonight....

Tom & Kandice Keegan said...

I wish we were still in TN so I could see you! Hope you enjoy the conference. Glad you posted some pictures of the wedding too. I love Meredith's colors.

tascha said...

wondering if you've vanished again :) even though i see you in passing....did you see our blog recently?? I guess John probably said about Kyria's getting saved in staff prayer....!!!

Jo Hanna said...

Sounds like you are staying incredibly busy! The pictures are beautiful Seth and Meredith's wedding! Thank you for your last comment and prayers. God bless you both.